One more down! Afcons Infrastructure on Friday received Rs. 2481.50 crore contract by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for construction of package DC05 of 28.92 km Janakpuri West-RK Ashram extension of Magenta Line.
This 7.46 km underground section is north of Derawal Nagar with RK Ashram via 6 stations Derawal Nagar, Ghanta Ghar, Pulbangash (interchange with Red Line), Sadar Bazar, Nabi Karim and Ramakrishna Ashram Marg (interchange with Blue Line). ) adds.
- final contract price: INR 2404,99,99,990.71 + Euro 85,79,782 (approx. Rs. 2481,50,59,151.65)
- Contract Date (Proceeding Notice): January 24, 2022
- closing period: 42 months
short range: Design and Construction of Twin Tunnel by Shield TBM, Tunnel by Cut and Cover, Underground Ramp at Derawal Nagar and Six Underground Stations viz. Derawal Nagar, Ghanta Ghar, Pulbangash, Sadar Bazar, Nabi Karim and Ramakrishna Ashram Marg including Architectural Finishing, Water Supply, Sanitary Installation, Drainage Works of Stations of Phase-IV of Janakpuri West to RK Ashram Corridor (Line-8 Extension) . Delhi MRTS.
This is the fourth and final civic package of the 28.92 km Janakpuri West-RK Ashram extension of Magenta Line. Other packages 12.375 kms. Huh DC-01, 7.473 km DC-03R, 2.03 km Underground DC-06 – All are under construction.
As shared earlier:
- Afcons have to use at least 4 Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM).
- Ismail Khan Park in front of Gurdwara Nanak Piao Sahib will have a 168 meter ramp and a compartment for Derawal Nagar station.
- The line curves around GT Road between Derawal Nagar and Ghanta Ghar to avoid Tripolia Gate (the 2 historic gates smack-dub on the highway).
- Architectural drawings show Nabi Karim’s box being built as a plus-sized box to allow future interchange (there is a new 12.58 km Indralok – Indraprastha line in works,
- The RK Ashram station will include a track cross-over of 185 meters to allow trains to switch between the Down and Up lines. The full cut and cover box (584.071 m long) will come to the north of the existing Blue Line station.
With this development, 2 of the 4 JICA-funded underground packages have been provided in Phase 4. I’ve heard that the DC-08 and DC-09 may be reintroduced, but that remains to be seen. For the DC-05, I expect basic ground work to begin in March, with complete construction work to begin in June.
|Package DC-05: Derawal Nagar to RK Ashram, 7.46 km underground section with 6 stations||Afcons Infra . was awarded|
|Package DC-08: Aerocity to Kishangarh, 6.11 km underground section with 4 stations||Tata Projects is the lowest bidder|
|Package DC-09: Kishangarh to Saket G-Block, 6.88 km underground section with 4 stations||Afcons Infra is the lowest bidder|
|Package DC-07: Sangam Vihar to Tughlakabad, 6.477 km underground section with 3 stations||Afcons Infra . was awarded|
see list of all Step 4 Packages and their status here,
For more updates, see Delhi Metro section or my home page, Sign up for instant email notifications on new posts Nearby, like this post? See how you can get early access to updates and support the site Nearby,