Afcons Infrastructure on Thursday received Rs. 1669.20 crore contract for construction of package DC07 of 23.622 km Silver Line (Aerocity-Tughlakabad) by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
This 6.981 km section on the eastern side of the line will connect the eastern end of Sangam Vihar station and Sarita Vihar depot via 3 stations Maa Anandamayi Marg, Tughlakabad Railway Colony and Tughlakabad, where it will form an interchange with the station on the Violet Line. phase 2,
technical bid opened To reveal 6 bidders in August. During technical evaluation, HCC-JMC JV and STEC were disqualified. Financial bids were opened in November with DC-05 and DC-08 to reveal AFCONs as the lowest bidder – View All Bid Values Here,
- final contract price: Rupee. 1608.09 crore + Euro 68,00,000 (approx Rs.1669,20,96,000.00)
- Contract Date (Proceeding Notice): January 24, 2022
- closing period: 42 months
short range: Design of Underground UP and Down Tunnels by Shield TBM from end of Cut and Cover Tunnel near Sangam Vihar Metro Station to existing Sarita Vihar Depot, Underground Ramp and Cut and Cover Tunnel near Sangam Vihar and Tughlakabad Metro Stations and Underground Metro Stations and Nirman at Maa Anandmayee Marg, Tughlakabad Railway Colony and Tughlakabad including retrieval/launching shafts on Aerocity Tughlakabad corridor of Delhi MRTS project of Ph-IV.
As shared earlier:
- The scope of the package includes tunnels up to the existing Sarita Vihar depot, which will be extended to stabilize and maintain Silver Line train-sets,
- DMRC will require AFCONs to use at least 5 Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs).
- The distance from Sangam Vihar station to Maa Anandmayi Marg is 3.014 kms for a walk around Tughlakabad Fort and other important monuments/mausoleums scattered in the area. The Twin Tunnel here will be the longest tunnel between adjacent stations on the entire network.
- A crossover will be built north of Tughlakabad station to allow trains to change track.
With this development, the first of 4 JICA-funded underground packages of Phase 4 have been awarded. I expect basic ground work to begin in March, with complete construction work to begin in June.
|Package DC-05: Derawal Nagar to RK Ashram, 7.46 km underground section with 6 stations||Afcons Infra is the lowest bidder|
|Package DC-08: Aerocity to Kishangarh, 6.11 km underground section with 4 stations||Tata Projects is the lowest bidder|
|Package DC-09: Kishangarh to Saket G-Block, 6.88 km underground section with 4 stations||Afcons Infra is the lowest bidder|
|Package DC-07: Sangam Vihar to Tughlakabad, 6.477 km underground section with 3 stations||Afcons Infra . was awarded|
see list of all Step 4 Packages and their status here,