Bengal Chemical is a station is part of Kolkata’s Line 2 or the East-West Metro corridor, this line is a 16.5 kMs long stretch connecting on the west bank of Hoogly River that way it provides access to Howrah city with on the East bank the IT hub of Kolkata Salt Lake city.
Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation Limited (KMRCL) is in-charge of the execution of this mega project. Now this corridor has a 10.8 kms of the stretch which is underground and 5.75 kms will be on elevated tracks. It is also India’s first ever transportation project to take upon a challenge where trains will run under water through the mighty Hoogly river. Now coming back to Bengal chemical station it is responsible of serving the areas of Duttabad, Kankurgachi and Kadapara.
This station structure is located over the EM Bypass, in front of Mani Square. A one of the new addition to kolkata metro nstation as it has started operations only since 13th February 2020.
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose which an international airport is just at a distance of 14kMs from the station of Bengal chemical via VIP road. Currently Bengal Chemical is also the last elevated station on this Line.
Bengal Chemical Metro Traffic
Bengal chemical metro station is situated on the green the complete length is 19 Kms from sector V to Esplanade.
- Salt Lake Sector V
- Central Park
- City Centre
- Bengal Chemical
- Salt Lake Stadium
Under construction or proposed metro stations on Green line.
- Teghoria / Haldiram
- Dum Dum Park
- New Mahakaran
- Howrah Maidan
Bengal Chemical Metro Station Details
Location: The Metro Station located between Bengal Chemical and Pharmaceuticals in Kadapara, Kolkata, West Bengal,Pin. 700054
Owenership: Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation
Operated by: Bengal Chemical Metro Station operated by the Metro Railway in Kolkata, West Bengal.
Platforms: Side Platforms
Structure Type: Elevated
Opening: The Metro Station opened on 13 February,2020.Before 13 Months ago.
Electrified: 750V DC
Preceding Station: City center towords Salt Lake Sector- V.
Following Station: IFA Salt Lake Stadium towords Howrah Maidan.
Bus: Many bus routes serve the Metro Station, like DN16/1, V1, S21, S37, S37A, JM2, C14/1, 007, Ac50, AC50A, AC30S etc.
Air: NetajiShubhas Chandra Bose International Aitport serve the Bengal Chemical Metro Station. This is 9km via VIP Road.
Bengal Chemical Metro Station Rules & Regulation
Rules For Smart Token
· Kolkata metro tokens are meant for single journey. Return journey is not allowed on these tokens.
- The Tokens are captured at every exit gate on completion of journey.
- If a Token is lost it cannot be replaced by any means.
Rules For Smart Card
· A first time passenger/user will have to obtain smart card by paying a amount of Rs.100/200/300/500 and 1000 which (includes Security Deposit of Rs. 60/- also) and then will have to recharge to get the pass value for any amount ranging from Rs 100 to 1000, a max. card balance of Rs.5000/- is allowed. Following which a flat 10% bonus is received on issuance of new smart card and on further recharge of smart card. Validity of smart card is 1 year from the date of purchase or date of “ value added ”.
- Passenger is only allowed to enter through the entry gate when a minimum balance of Rs.25/- is available on the card which is also the maximum chargeable fare.
- If a passenger tries to take exit on a card without proper recorded entry in it, then is not deemed to be travelling without ticket, also Such a mismatch is punished by a fine of Rs.25/- from the passenger’s smart card.
- In case a passenger does not show their smart card at the exit gate and makes an improper exit, the card is locked from further usage. Deduction of fine of Rs.25/- is done from the card when the same is shown for the next visit and the smart card is unlocked by the ticketing system.
- A lost card is not replaceable under any circumstances.
Permissible carrying capacity of a baggage is up to 10kgs in weight and should not be bulky in nature.
- Every passenger while travelling in Metro Railway allowed to carry only small items of personal baggage, for e.g. Tiffin, small hand bag or suit case in addition to a umbrella or walking sticks which is required for personal use and are not likely to cause an accident or obstruction or inconvenience to any other passengers.
ARTICLES NOT PERMITTED AS ACCOMPANIED BAGGAGE
No passenger shall take with him –
- Any king of offensive articles, such as a wet skin, hides, dead poultry and gore etc.
- Dangerous articles, such as- explosives of any kind fire works, also inflammable materials such as oil, grease, ghee, paint, dry grass and leaves of various kinds of, waste papers, acidic substance or concentrated acids and corrosive substances; or a Dead body.
OFFENCE AND PENALTIES:
- If any passenger commits offence of caring offensive goods or explosives or dangerous goods in violation of Rule 4 will hold them self liable for punishment under section 8 of the Metro Railway operation and Maintenance, Temporary Provisions Act of 1985.
- Any offence shall be punishable against sub-rule with fine that may extend up to Rs 500/- for caring any offensive goods and/or an imprisonment which may extend up to 4 years and also a fine which may extend up to Rs 5000 for carrying any dangerous goods. The offender shall be deemed responsible for any loss, injury or damages caused due to reason of such goods having been brought upon the Metro.